Senior Composite Design Engineer jobs 2023. Mercedes-Benz, a brand of the Mercedes-Benz Group, has been involved in Formula One as both team owner and engine manufacturer for various periods since 1954. A fantastic opportunity has become available in our Composite Design Working Group for a Senior Composite Design Engineer. Reporting to the Lead Composite Design Engineer, the successful candidate will be responsible for leading projects to deliver both performance and reliability to a significant area of the car design. You must be comfortable challenging yourself and others with respect and passion to drive our projects forward whilst striving to achieve the best possible results. You will exhibit an in-depth understanding of composites design, materials selection, manufacturing processes and their applications with a solid first principles understanding. For details please read the information below.
- Senior Composite Design Engineer
- Full time
- £40,424 per month probably
Qualification Required for this job
- Composite, Mechanical, or Aeronautical Engineering degree (2:1 minimum grade) or similar qualification;
- Having multiple years’ experience in F1, with a proven track record for leading and delivering significant car projects;
- A clear and holistic understanding of racing car design;
- Experience of Catia V5/3DX design & FEA package would be beneficial;
- Understanding and ability to perform hand calculation produce reliable and optimised designs;
- An in-depth understanding and ability to interpret FEA results;
- Excellent communication and collaborative skills to ensure clear direction for your projects and cross departmental integration;
- High attention to detail and the ability to work under limited supervision to tight deadlines.
- Responsible for delivering high-quality engineering solutions for significant projects within the specific Car Group area;
- Strong ownership of assigned project thought the product life cycle;
- Understand and drive cost effective design solutions;
- Close collaboration with internal and external manufacturing departments to ensure fully integrated designs achieving optimal car performance;
- Highlighting risks to Lead Engineer & HoD throughout the product lifecycle;
- Leading Design reviews of assigned projects with respect to both performance and reliability;
- Delivering quality schemes to Stress Group in an efficient manner, allowing sufficient time to provide an optimised design solution;
- Responsible for checking drawing releases for any supporting Engineers ensuring they meet MAMG design standards;
- Collating and reporting on final assembly mass as stated within the mass tracker in terms of both CoG and mass;
- Definition of performance and reliability test & development programs for relevant designs & projects;
- Technical resolution of car feedback allocated to your projects and supporting the Groups Reliability Engineer.
Job the benefits and rewards
- Growth opportunities
- Attractive salary
How to Apply
- Candidates can apply for this job by pressing the apply button.
- Interested candidates who are relevant to this position are requested to apply.
- No candidate will be catered to after the deadline.
- Male candidates are eligible for this job.
- For more job updates visit https://www.ejobsapply.com/
- The last date to apply for this job is 18 May 2023
- Brackley, United Kingdom